3 Reasons Why Your Feet Have Been Hurting More in Quarantine & What to Do About It
The quarantine life has been hard on all of us but, it doesn’t need to be hard on your feet!
Being indoors for extended periods of time can really take a toll on your feet whether you notice it right away or not. Here are a few reasons why this might be the case:
1.You’re Spending Too Much Time Barefoot While at Home
Going from wearing shoes most days to being barefoot is a big change for your feet! Shoes provide additional support & cushioning that your feet have become accustomed to. Walking on hard floors without cushioning and arch support can bring pain to your feet.
Our feet aren't able to distribute pressure evenly on hard surfaces which can cause stress on the high impact areas of the foot and can result in common foot conditions such as metatarsalgia, plantar fasciitis, heel and arch pain.
What to do About it
Wear Properly Supported House Shoes
Proper arch support is key to relieving the all-day repetition of your feet colliding with surfaces that we were not biologically accustomed to. Proper arch support is proven to help relieve foot pain like Plantar Fasciitis.
Plenty of comfort shoe brands out there, but which is best?
House Shoes That Have:
- Arch Support in the Right Place (Far Back on the Foot to Bear the Weight of your Body).
- Arch Support with the Right Contour.
- Premium Comfort Materials like memory foam that distributes pressure evenly.
Proper Arch Support helps to:
- Relieve Pain
- Prevent Injury
- Provide Maximum Comfort
- Provide Natural Alignment
- Improve Overall-Well Being
So it’s super important to find slippers that suit these needs!
2. You’re Getting Less Exercise for Your Feet
Many of us who switched from commuting to work to working from home lost the daily movement our busy lives were based around. Once you remove this from your daily routine it can be a serious detriment to the health of your feet.
So it’s important to get your feet in motion throughout the day to keep fit and prevent injuries!
What to do About it:
Get Active with Your Feet & Get Support!
- Take short breaks to stand & move around the house. Even if it is a small space, get up and moving!
- If you have more time in the day, 30 minute walks are very beneficial to the health of your feet!
In addition to getting active, regularly stretching can help strengthen your feet and prevent pain. Here is an easy guide to help:
“We have noted an increase in reports of heel pain from patients stuck at home as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. APMA member podiatrists are physicians and surgeons who treat the foot, ankle, and related structures of the leg, and they say [improper] footwear—or lack thereof—may be to blame for the upsurge in cases.”
– American Podiatric Medical Association
- Working out barefoot or in shoes without optimal support can result in injuries related to your heels, metatarsals, and plantar fascia.
What to do About it:
Get Arch Support While Working Out at Home
Workouts, more than any other movement indoors, requires proper support.
Wearing a sneaker with arch support or an orthotic meant for exercising helps with:
- Fighting Foot Pain brought on by Repetitive Motion
- Preventing Foot Injuries During High Intensity Movement
- Focusing on Your Exercise and Staying Worry Free
If your feet are not properly supported, repetitive motions during workouts can create strain and inflame your Plantar Fascia. When this flares up it’s important to have support that is placed in the right place to help relieve the pain and to help prevent it from continuing.
Here’s a quick guide to help you select a shoe or insert that is best for:
- Optimal Arch Placement
- Fighting Foot Pain
- Preventing Injuries
- Providing Maximum Comfort
Aetrex Compete Orthotics are the perfect solution for providing optimal support and comfort in any of your favorite sneakers! Simply remove the insubstantial insoles that exist in your sneakers and replace them with Compete Orthotics. Your feet will thank you!
Aetrex’s newly launched Athleisure Sneakers are the ideal middle ground between fashion forward, lightweight sneakers AND optimal orthotic support. Slip on a pair, focus on your workout and feel the difference in every step!
3 Reasons Why Your Feet Have Been Hurting More in Quarantine & What to Do About it
- Double-check the spelling
- Change your search query
- Be less specific